Monday, December 19, 2011

Green

Interesting color that green.  Think green I am told.  Okay...I am thinking in green right now.  What is it getting me?  I know at the party the other night about 90% of the people there said green was their favorite color.  What the hell is Sea foam Green?  I have never seen green sea foam and would probably run from it if I did.

I think about the underside of things quite a bit.  Some of my writing can take a dark turn at times.  I wrote a poem once, I named this blog after it, where I think about being bleached, mossy bones on a forest floor at the edge of a stubble field.  I used to hunt, hike, and generally be attracted to that edge.  The edge between forest, and emptiness.  Someday I will put that poem on here but some that have read it have said it was a bit intense.  Or have asked me if I am okay.  I am fine.  What was wrong with me is now on paper. 

I also address the ugly side of nature in Stubble Fields.  We humans love to anthropomorphize (sp?) nature.  If it is cute and cuddley maybe it won't hurt us and will protect us when we are lost in the big dark world.  I was reading a story awhile back about the last grizzley shot out of a wildlife park in Arizona.  The author mentioned how before he looked at the mountains as bear country but now they are just mountains.  I guess that is how I see these mountains around here without wolves.  I suppose if it can't get me, it is not completely nature.  I have wandered these mountains without fear.  Maybe we need the big bad wolf to come back?

I love the small things in nature.  I like to sit, or lay down on the forest floor, or a grassy plain, or a stubble field, and look at the little world that moments ago was at my feet.  Amazing things going on in that few square inches of soil.  Ants are amazing creatures and I love my 5 acre ant farm here.  Anyway that is another blog entry.

Things I am thinking about:

Friends
Arctic Dreams
My son's anger
Wood piles
Beer

Zen
Loreena McKinnett
Transiency
A new American Revolution

No comments:

Post a Comment