Sunday, December 18, 2011

What is your Heaven?

I have been told by some that I respect, that when death closes your eyes, you wake and you know all.  Your loved ones and those you miss are waiting for you and God, or whatever being you believe in, will embrace you. 

That sounds great!  Not going to lie about that!  Except for the "know everything" part.  I sincerely hope to see those I have lost in my life.  How often I have wished that my kids could enjoy one Christmas with my parents and grandparents.  Just so they know what I am talking about.  My kids knew my Mom but she was so sick it wasn't the same. 

Back to the "know it all".  If I was to go to Heaven, I would have to say to God, "Please God, I don't want to know everything.  I want the possibility to know everything. Please don't cast me into the depths of Hell for that.  Thank you, God."

I would want the tools to explore the great mysteries and the perils that could go with the search.  I would want to know what DaVinci was thinking when he painted "The Last Supper".  I would want to watch The Roman Empire rise and fall.  See dinosaurs.  Most of all, and this is odd.  I would want to follow the last Neanderthal to see what he, or she did.  I would want to find out how the Great Pyramid was actually built. I suppose I would want to see the moment everything flashed into being.  But I would want to have to figure it out.  Spend eternity exploring this wonderful universe that we are apart of.  Don't tell me.  Let me be surprised.  Let me feel the dangers that the great explorers felt as the searched the new world.  Yeah, there we go.  Maybe be a crewman on a galley as she wandered the African coasts.  Be a Samurai warrior in deadly combat.  Hover on the event horizon of a black hole.

So many possible adventures.  Oh and be on one of the famous expeditions that never returned from South America, or Africa.  Witness the Mayan, and Inca civilisations. Is this universe one of many?  Are we just a drop of water on a blade of grass?  So many things!  That would be Heaven! 

Oh, and I really hope there is some good beer in Heaven!

Things I am thinking about:
Transiency
smoke
the truth of this world
old leaves under trees
dirt
my skid steer that I sold
motorcycles
Seattle
headaches
emptiness
perfect existence

1 comment: